Monday, July 9, 2012

Companies Interested in Fracking in NC



Nine companies have an interest in fracking in North Carolina. They are:

Natural gas companies 1) PSNC Energy and 2) Piedmont Natural Gas;

Electric utilities Progress Energy, 3) Duke Energy (Duke & Progress Energy merged) and 4)  Dominion Resources, which are expanding their use of natural gas to produce power;

5) General Electric, which has invested in natural gas reserves in other states and introduced a mobile evaporator to help gas drillers recycle water;

6) Weyerhaeuser, a major landowner that has invested in shale deposits;

Natural gas producer 7) Koch Industries; and

Railroad companies 8) Norfolk Southern and 9) CSX, which are seeing an increase in fracking-related shipping.

(Indy Week, 5/30/2012)

2 comments:

  1. I'm interested in helping companies develop our natural gas resources. www.guyleeivpllc.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a licensed professional geologist registered in NC and several surrounding States. I have over 18 years experience in the environmental and geotecnical field. Although I currently lived in Charlotte, I was born and raised in Moore County within the Triassic Basin. I understand the environment, culture and resources of this part of the state. I would jump at the chance to assist companies to tap into this important natural resource to the regoin. If interested, please send me an email at ppanzer948@gmail.com. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete